BECAUSE CULTURE IS A VALUABLE ASSET.
19. September 2023Survey AI and copyright
Survey AI and copyright
The Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property (IPI) is the Federal Government's central contact point for patents, trademarks, indications of source, design protection and copyright. The IPI is conducting a survey on AI and copyright together with the consulting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
26. June 2023First final distribution based on the new distribution rules for Audio performers
First final distribution based on the new distribution rules for Audio performers
Since 2017, new distribution rules apply to the calculation of remunerations for audio performers (commercially published phonograms and music videos). This year, for the first time, the limitation period for the remuneration for the usage of rights in 2017 will expire.
30. March 2023New collaboration with Peermusic in the field of phonogram producers
New collaboration with Peermusic in the field of phonogram producers
SWISSPERFORM has decided to collaborate with the internationally known agency Peermusic for the international claiming of remuneration for its members (phonogram producers).
20. March 2023First bilateral agreement in the field of phonogram producers
First bilateral agreement in the field of phonogram producers
At the beginning of the year, SWISSPERFORM concluded its first bilateral agreement in the field of phonogram producers with the UK sister society PPL. The agreement provides for a bilateral exchange of remuneration starting (retroactively) as from usage year 2022.
16. March 2023VRDB – an important milestone has been reached!
VRDB – an important milestone has been reached!
On 7 and 8 March 2023, SWISSPERFORM had the privilege of hosting a VRDB workshop for AV societies initialized by the international umbrella organization SCAPR.
22. January 2023PRIX SWISSPERFORM 2023 / 58. Solothurner Filmtage 18.-25. January 2023
PRIX SWISSPERFORM 2023 / 58. Solothurner Filmtage 18.-25. January 2023
The acting awards «PRIX SWISSPERFORM 2023» go to David Constantin, Clarina Sierro, Meryl Marty and Lale Yavaş.
6. January 2023New reciprocal representation agreement in the field of audiovisual performers
New reciprocal representation agreement in the field of audiovisual performers
A new reciprocal representation agreement has been concluded with the Italian sister collecting society NUOVOIMAIE.
7. December 2022Settlement letters for audio performers field sent out
Settlement letters for audio performers field sent out
Our members «Audio performers» have received the letters about the main distribution of the remuneration from radio usage (2021).
5. December 2022Main Settlement of Accounts for Phono Producers 2021
Main Settlement of Accounts for Phono Producers 2021
Remunerations for uses in the past year have been executed.
28. October 2022SCAPR Executive Report 2022
SCAPR Executive Report 2022
SCAPR is very proud to launch the SCAPR Executive Report 2022. This report presents consolidated key figures of SCAPR community.
28. November 2021Changes of the Distribution Rules for Audio Producers
Changes of the Distribution Rules for Audio Producers
By way of official decree dated 21 October 2021, the Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property (IPI) authorised the changes in the Distribution Rules for the Audio Producers of SWISSPERFORM.